Thread: How to change the Default Port and IP address in IIS

How to change the Default Port and IP address in IIS

I had this small question, though it is not easy, but how do we change the default port number and IP Address in Microsoft IIS Web Server. I have a Web server and I want to add more and more websites and run them simultaneously without any problem. One of my friend told me that it is possible to do so by changing the IP address of the website which will also reduce the cost. So can someone help me out in this please.?

Information on IIS

Yes it is possible to change the Default Port number and the IP address. And by doing so you can reduce the hosting charges and can add more websites and run them simultaneously without any problem. This technique is basically know as Virtual Hosting. In order to do so your computer should be able to properly run IIS without any problem. And all this can be done by doing some changes in the settings of IIS.

But how to exactly change it

Thanks for the Information, But can some one help me with the proper steps of how to do those changes in the settings of IIS. My copy of IIS is working fine without any problem. I have tried some settings but that did not helped me. And have also checked on other websites but was not able to get proper information. So can some one please help me with the proper walkthrough of how do do it.

Proper steps for changes in the settigns of IIS

Okay so here are the proper steps through which you can make changes in your IIS which will help you to change the Default Port number. The steps given below are for Windows Vista and Windows 7.
    First open IIS web server control panel. Then in the control panel select the the website name who's IP address and Port number you want to change from the menu given on left column. Now right click on the web site name and select Edit Bindings. Now in a new screen of IP and the Port manager will open up. Click on Edit and now you can choose the required Port number and the IP address and enter them in the box. Then click on OK and Save the settings made.
    Now you have to restart your computer in order for the new settings to work. And now you can access your website on newly configured port.