Thread: Blue Screen with Adobe Bridge CS4

Blue Screen with Adobe Bridge CS4

Hi,

When I work with Bridge and Photoshop CS4 in windows 7, I sometimes get blue screens, especially when printing with preview. It seemed that the problem is with driver of NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT. The problem seems less acute with the latest beta driver. But I have some screens bluish. After reboot Windows tells me it should clear the cache from Bridge. What is the cause of getting Blue Screen with Adobe Bridge CS4 ????

Re: Blue Screen with Adobe Bridge CS4

Sounds like a memory management problem. Check the PS preferences / performance and see how much memory is available and the allocation for PS. Recommended range is 50-70%. If you get a lot more that could be starving your computer for other tasks. Also, check your paging file and see if it is large enough to handle the change of program. I believe that recommends the page file of 1.5 X of the system RAM.

If you want to check that computer's resources, right-click "my computer" in the directory, then select Properties. To check the hard disk to use / open space, right click on the letter Drive and select Properties.

If you want to learn about the paging file type that name in help, or go online to the web. If you find that is not configured correctly make sure you understand what you are doing before changing anything.

Do not confuse the updates with enhancements. An update is free and only install the latest fixes. Very important for drivers. Check out the brand and model of video card and then go to the website and check for updates.

Many video card manufacturers frequently update their software drivers. If you have not recently updated the video card, contact the manufacturer of the video card for an updated driver, or a download from the manufacturer's website. (To determine the manufacturer of a video card, see the card properties in Device Manager.) Often you can determine if the video driver is outdated by changing the color depth and resolution card or disable video acceleration graphics hardware.

When using this solution will create a bridge of new preferences and default workspace and you will lose custom settings associated with their current preferences and workspace. A cache of thumbnail images to be re-created automatically when you start the bridge. Try to roll back the Nvidia driver to a previous version. I had the exact symptoms before (Windows XP 32, SP3) and Bridge kept crashing or a cache and reports of corruption. They also tend to BSOD when closing after the creation of a new cache.

Some applications or services may cause system errors or freezes when running concurrently with Bridge. Services are specialized programs that perform functions to support other programs. Before starting Bridge, disable other applications, including startup items (items that start automatically with Windows), and services. You need disable startup items and services, to do this go Start > Run, and type msconfig in the Open box. Click OK. Click the Services Tab, and check Hide All Microsoft Services . Then click Click Disable All.