Thread: Having problem after downloading Itunes 8 on Windows Vista

Having problem after downloading Itunes 8 on Windows Vista

I had been running Windows Vista from past many years. I had been using Internet Explorer 7 as my web browser. Just few days back i had tried to download Itunes 8 on my system. But when i had downloaded on my pc and when i had tried to clicked on install it comes up with windows installer, where it gets started and then through the half way through i get an error message saying "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package A problem required for the install to complete could not be run. So, can any one tell me that why i'm facing problem after downloading Itunes 8 on Windows Vista? Any one has any idea about it? Please help me to get rid of the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Having problem after downloading Itunes 8 on Windows Vista

Sometimes you'll run into problems with iTunes - missing files, songs that you buy but don't download, etc. In the download screen where it shows the progress of your downloads, all the ones that don't work say stopped (err=403). After installing iTunes 8 for Windows, some users may see a blue screen error message when connecting iPhone or iPod to a Windows Vista computer.

When my iTunes begins to update library, it gets to a certain point and then just freezes and gives me the spinning wheel of death. The recommended solution is to first uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support and iTunes, and then download and install the most recent version of iTunes.

Sometimes Internet connections get lost during the download of purchased content, such as a movie rented from the iTunes Store. Another user installed iTunes 8.0.2 on to his Mac Mini, he then tried to open iTunes, all he got was a dialog box which said “The iTunes application could not be opened. An unknown error occurred (13008)” The user tried to reinstall iTunes, but he still gets the same error.

The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility is provided "as is" to help resolve installation problems for programs that use Microsoft Windows Installer. The GEARAspiWDM.sys driver already present on my system was not replaced. If you use this utility, you may have to reinstall other programs. Caution is advised. We recommend that you do not use this utility with 2007 Office system products.