Thread: Need the Codec Pack for Blu-ray video files

Need the Codec Pack for Blu-ray video files

I am having the many High definition Blu-ray video files in my computer system. I have downloaded it from the internet. But i am not able to watch that movies because the media players which i have in my computer systems are showing that codec error when i try to play any file. So i think i dont have the codec installed for playing the blu-ray (MKV) files in my computer system. Where can i get the codec for the Blu-ray video files? Also mention any alternate solution for this problem.

Re: Need the Codec Pack for Blu-ray video files

You are having the playback problem in the playing of the Blu-ray file known as the .MKV files in your computer system. This is because you dont have the codec for playing this files in your computer system. Download and install the codec pack for the MKV files in your computer system and after that you will be able to play this MKV Blu-ray video files. you can search on the Codec packs for the MKV files on the google and download one of the Codec pack from them. Install that and start enjoying the High Definition movies on your computer system.

I am suggesting you some of the codec packs which you can download and install in your computer system for the Blu-ray (mkv) file playback.
    1-K-Lite Codec Pack 4.1.6 Full
    2-CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack)
    3-Matroska Pack Full 1.1.2 final
    4-XP Codec pack
    5-Vista codec pack

If the files are not played after installing the codec pack in your computer system then you should download the new player which can play the Blu-ray file by default without installing any codec pack in your computer system. Most of the times the files are not played also after installing the codec pack in the computer system. So it is always better to download and install the media player which can play the MKV or all the Blu-ray Video formats by default.
    The Media players that can play the MKV files are as follows-
    1. VLC Media Player
    2. GOM Media Player
    3. Media Player Classic
    4. BSPlayer Free
    5. ALLPlayer
    6. ALShow
    7. DivX
    8. The KMP Player

The MKV refers to the Matroska Multimedia Container, this is the open standard that contain the format that can acquire the large quantity of the files like video, audio and picture etc. This famous format is mainly used in the storing HD video files. This is one another universal popular format like the AVI and MP4.
    There are total three file types of MKV and they are as follows :

1. .mkv - used for the Video files.
    2. .mka - used for only the Audio files.
    3. .mks - used for the subtitles only.

If all these methods are not solving the blu-ray playback problem of the player then there is only one option left foe you. Convert this MKV files to some other file formats that are properly played on your computer system. You can download the Video conversion softwares fro the internet. There are many softwares available on the internet for downloading.
    List of some Video converter softwares which can do this.
    1. Total video converter
    2. WinAVI converter
    3. MKV Converter
    4. MKV to AVI Converter
    5. Solid Mkv to DVD Converter and Burner 1.2.7