Thread: DivX and WMP codec problem on Windows Xp

DivX and WMP codec problem on Windows Xp

I had been running Windows Xp on my system. I have both DivX 2.1 and Windows Media Player 9, and I have been able to watch movies just fine. Just few days back i was trying to play a new movie, which i had downloaded from the internet. Now the problem was whether I play it in WMP or DivX, they still have those damn purple faces and the color is a bit off. So, can any one tell me that why i'm having DivX and WMP codec problem on my Windows Xp? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: DivX and WMP codec problem on Windows Xp

Sounds like you may need to reinstall your codec. Audio and Video playback problems can often be caused by NOT having the correct codec installed on your computer, or even the wrong version installed. Your best bet is to use a diagnostic tool such as gspot or avicodec to tell you exactly what’s in the file: the container, video codec, and audio codec.

The DivX codec is one of the best compression technologies for high-resolution movies. Be sure to get the Mega pack from them, and if you only want to play files, use the default installation. The DivX codec is becoming the standard for high quality video over IP networks because it hits the sweet spot between superior visual quality and small file size. Otherwise, on the last configuration screen, uncheck those options.

The DivX download is actually a bundle of the DivX Player 2.1 and the actual DivX codec you will need to install if you want to watch movies that have been encoded in DivX. Usually video codecs in the AVI container will be identified by their fourcc (four character code) and audio codecs by their tag number. Once you know what you need, you can search it on the web and download and install it.

After you've installed the video codec on your system, your media player of choice should be able to play all XviD movies and videos. Try uninstalling the old divx player before installing the new one too. If you get that codec pack, it comes with BS player, which is an excellent file player. If you run into any problems, please refer to the XviD FAQ for solutions to common XviD codec installation and playback problems.

Try to download divX installer + your media player will play all video types. The new version also includes a 1080p/i HD encoding mode allowing users to create full size 1920×1080 resolution HD videos in the DivX format. If you are just going to use windows media player to view the movie then you probably will not want to install the DivX player. The resize filters have been enhanced to improve the overall quality/compression of the encoder.