Thread: How to use check box for selecting multiple items?

How to use check box for selecting multiple items?

I am a new user to window 7. I have heard some news that we can select multiple items using checkbox. As per my knowledge we can only select multiple items in any windows by holding down “Ctrl” key or “Shift” Key. Is there any way by which we can select multiple items using check box. Because if it is possible to select multiple items without pressing “ctrl” or “shift” key it would be very convenient way.

Re: How to use check box for selecting multiple items?

Yes it is possible to select multiple items without using “ctrl” key or “shift” key. Normally we were using “ctrl” key or “shift” key or use mouse for selecting multiple items but there is a way for selecting multiple items by using check box feature. But this feature is only available in window 7. This feature is not available in windows vista or window xp or in another version of windows. Actually the thing is that I only know that this feature is available in windows 7, but I do not know how to enable this feature.

Re: Enable check box feature in window 7

For enabling the check box feature for selecting multiple items in window 7 you have to follow these simple steps. You have to first open the folder option then click on the view tab and then check to enable the “Use check boxes to select items”. Then apply and press ok. This will surely give an option of selecting multiple items with check box option.

Now it is history that you have to hold down “ctrl” or “shift” key for selecting multiple items, now there is a way by which user of windows 7 can select multiple items using check box feature. I am sure that many users of windows 7 are not aware of this feature and also how to enable this feature in window 7. Well the step is simple you have to just check the “Use check boxes to select items” items in the view option of folder option.

According to me the feature of selecting multiple files without the use of ctrl or shift key is really a fantastic feature which is provided in window 7. Let go in detail for selecting series of multiple files or folder user have to use the shift key and for selecting multiple single items user have to use ctrl key. But this feature of selecting multiple items using check box gives the user a more convenient environment. For enabling this feature user have to just enable “Use check boxes to select items”.

Re: Step by step process for enabling check box feature

I will tell you the step by step process of enabling the feature of selecting multiple items using check box. For enabling this feature your have click on start and type folder option in the search box and press enter. This open the folder option window, after that click on the view tab and scroll down to advanced setting and enable the “Use check boxes to select items”, click on apply and then click on ok. Following these simple steps has enabled this feature on your windows 7.