Thread: Firefox hangs on opening multiple tabs

johnrocks Guest

Firefox hangs on opening multiple tabs

i have old p4 512 ram system but it hangs up when i open 10+ tabs in fire fox what could be the problem?

Re: Firefox hangs on opening multiple tabs

The problem is definitely because of the system ram. The more applications you open, the more ram you need. As your trying to open more tabs on firefox the system memory is getting used up due to which the system hangs up. Upgrading the RAM will allow you to open more tabs or run more applications. Instead try to open less tabs in firefox.

I do not think that this issue has arised either due to your system or the RAM. But if you upgrade your RAM to 1 GB. Then it will be better , Try to restart your browser and then notice the difference , I think it will work. If this does not then go to the officical website of the mozilla and upgrade your Firefox with its latest version. If this does not solve your problem then go for the RAM upgradation
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

It depends on the version of firefox that you are using. You need to checkout for the compatibility of the browser with the system. Also RAM can be the issue as it needs a good memory to write the files in order to execute maintaining the speed.

Well with p4 being in the picture and 512 RAM it is no surprise firefox keeps hanging. The multiple tab system works in Firefox is not based on multithreading. Which is why when one tab in it crashes, your whole browser crashes. Upgrade your cpu and buy more RAM, RAM is particularly cheap nowadays so you shouldn't have any issues with it. Good luck