Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to send email from windows live mail

Windows Software

Old 24-12-2009

Brand new computer with Windows 7 & both IEs (32 bit & 64 bit) already installed on it from manufacturer. Unable to send email from windows live mail, error message reads:The host ' smtp.west.cox.net ' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.

Subject 'Schedule for Condo Showings'
Server: ' smtp.west.cox.net '
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 11004

I have spoken with internet provider (cox.com) several times, settings have been checked multiple times. Also unable to compose or send directly from IP's webmail site, error message reads..."Internet Exlorer has stopped working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." No problems receiving emails through either. I am able to send email directly from IP's webmail @ work...NOT on this computer. Already contacted Symantec; no viruses, & uninstalled Norton, which did not change anything!! I am soo frustrated, PLEASE help me.

Please remember if a reply is necessary i will have to do it from my blackberry...ugh!!!

Old 25-12-2009

It seems that there is some setting issue on your computer because of which you are not able to send email from windows live mail, in that case i would suggest you to check out the below links

Cannot send email by Windows Live Mail
Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail Send/Receive Problem
http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...ail/900932.htm

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: ,