Thread: Nlite Issues on Windows Xp

Nlite Issues on Windows Xp

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. I recently used nlite to cut down an XP OS to use on my EEEpc. However my lack of knowledge on the auto install process is causing so many issues. However I have found that when I go to execute certain programs I get the error application failed to initialize properly 0xc0150002. So, how do i resolve Nlite issues on Windows Xp? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Nlite Issues on Windows Xp

The problems are caused by running nLite more than once against the same same source. This issue appears with KB933360, and maybe Nuhi could do something to solve this problem in his next nLite version. Always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all you work in one nLite session..

I think you are using RyanVM Update pack along with this. Download the WMP11 installer from Microsoft, install the WMP11 Slipstreamer then simply run nLite and insert the WMP11 installer into the Hotfixes page. Older Update Pack had an issue with Timezone and he has just released a rc which seems working fine. You can try that.

If you change the unattendmode value to something like FullUnattended then you lose OOBE. Yes, nLite is an excellent program. It has some guides though unfortunately not as good as the program itself mainly due to being a bit old. You might also loose OOBE if you use DefaultHide and ReadOnly as well). Likewise if you change OemSkipWelcome to 1, you will skip OOBE.

Did you slip the Servicepack with nlite or manually ? The error message "0xC0150002" means that Windows was not able to process the application binding information. Did you deactivate SFC ? This always occurs during the creation of process and it is usually caused by the mismatched system DLLs.