Thread: How to Convert csv to vcard list

How to Convert csv to vcard list

I have a Windows XP system with Service pack 3 installed with the latest update. I use a AVG Free edition antivirus and my system is free of virus. I dont do much gaming on this system or either heavy graphic work but I was curious whether I can use converter softwares that will work, in any case I just wanted to know how to convert csv to vcard list to import on Mac 10.6.2 list emails. Thank you
    Your every word defines my existence, world and self.

Re: How to Convert csv to vcard list

The vCard file format is an address book that can contain one or more addresses. Where it contains only one, we speak more naturally card.

A vCard file is an extension vcf (acronym of Virtual Card File). Its content is readable by any text editor.

It is useful to give his personal details or professional relationship.

The following example is a file with a unique address.

Here's the method to convert CSV to vCard directly from the official site:

Step 1 (Paste Data)
    This simple JS conversion takes CSV (or tab-delimited) contacts and turns them into vCard format. This was originally written to take information from Outlook Express for Mac OS 9 and bring it into the address book in OS X.

To begin, export your contact information to a text file, open that file in the text editor of your choice, copy the information to the clipboard, and paste it in the box below. Then click on the 2nd tab above.

Step 2 (Specify type)
    Please select the type of data for each field being imported. If no appropriate entry exists, please choose "(ignore)" from the top of the list.

Step 3 (copy vCard)
    Here you have it! Copy the contents of the box below, paste them into a text editor, and save them to your computer as a text file with an extension of '.vcf' (e.g. 'mycontacts.vcf'). You should then be able to import them into the vCard-aware application of your choice (like the Address Book in OS X, by dragging the file into the Address Book).

Source: homepage.mac.com

First try to save the Excel mailing list as a CSV file. So, select "File" from the toolbar. Then select "Save As." Click on the drop-down box labeled "Format" and select "comma deliminated" or CSV. Then select "Save." Convert the CSV file to vCards. A converter program is needed. There are several free "CSV to vCard converter programs" available for download online. Download the selected program and follow the program's instructions. Once the vCards have been created, they can be easily edited, e-mailed or saved for a variety of uses.