Thread: Change Cache Location of Firefox Web Browser

Change Cache Location of Firefox Web Browser

Hello, I have Windows xp operating system in my computer and using Mozilla Firefox for web browsing purpose. I want to know that, is it possible to change the location of your cache, regarding your Mozilla Firefox web browser. If this can be done, then give me steps regarding it. I want to change it to the desktop, so that I can clear it when I want and what I want.

Re: Change Cache Location of Firefox Web Browser

This would not be possible. I have searched on internet regarding this and not a single solution was there. I even don't know the location where you can find the original cache also. If you have any idea regarding this, then provide me the path where I can able to get the Firefox cache. I have search on different sites as well as I have search this on my computer, but I didn't found any location of cache in firefox.

I don't know how to Change Cache Location of Firefox Web Browser. But I have a way by using of which you can able to get the details about the cache of the Mozilla Firefox. You just need to enter the "about:cache" in your web browser and you will able to get the details about it. It gives you details about following:
    1. Memory cache device
    2. Disk cache device
    3. Offline cache device

You can also get the details by clicking on different links.

Hello, you want to Change the cache location of Firefox Web browser then you need to add “browser.cache.disk.parent_directory” preference. For this you need to edit you configuration. While editing your configuration you can simply set the path which you want as your cache location. When you provide this preference, a new directory which is specified by you will be set as your cache location. And you can set it to the desktop folder as you want.

Hello, I am using windows xp operating system in my computer and for internet surfing I use the mozilla firefox. I have got this path in my computer which will move me to the cache of the Firefox web browser in Windows xp.
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<my user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\pq085mpm.default\Cache
    So, you will able to get the cache overhear. But, I don't know how to change it's location.

I don't know how to change the location of cache in windows xp for Mozilla Firefox, but I have a way from which you can able to open your cache from the desktop. Just go to the path below:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Thomas\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\pq085mpm.default\Cache

Now you can create shortcut of this folder on your desktop and open it whenever your want and delete whatever you want.