Thread: Unknown CD Image file extension Problem

Unknown CD Image file extension Problem

Just few days back i had downloaded a game Way of the Samurai for my Ps2 from osloskop website. I got a class DRBurn, but i got a problem during run the code. It came as a file called :Way_Of_The_Samurai_PS2. (osloskop.net).rar. So i had tried to unRARed it. then it appeared as 32 file called : kal-wsam.001 , kal-wsam.002 and so on up to kal-wsam.032. With exactly that with no extension whatsoever .. I know its an Image file but I don't know which one (e.g. *.nrg , *.iso , *.rar etc. ) . I know already its not RAR but some other extension opened a Empty CD on the Virtual Drive the others gave error message. Can any one tell why i'm having unknown CD Image file extension problem? Any one knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Unknown CD Image file extension Problem

The CD images are an exact copy of the boot diskette images. There is no advantage to using these ISO images over a diskette image. The ISO image is tested on Qemu/KVM and VirtualBox. So we recommend using one of these platforms for trying out the live demo. Some newer computers do not have a floppy drive installed, so these images allow for compatibility of newer machines.

Never heard of the file extension but if its an image file try iso buster perhaps nero burning rom or even magic iso. These ISO images DO NOT contain any Microsoft operating system. You can not use these images to install Windows; they are for repair purposes only.

Those *.001, *.002, *.003, etc files were actually RARs. There are no ISOs for Windows NT, 2000, XP or Vista. Open WinRAR, select all those files, exctract them all to the same place, and you should have an ISO.If you need to boot from a CD to repair your Windows NT, 2000, XP or Vista computer, please use the original Windows installation CD, which is bootable.

You can try using daemon tools for that purpose. Try opening that file by daemon tools. Or you can also use a CD-burning program (Nero, Easy Media Creator) to burn this CD Image to a CD-R/CD-RW. Or use ultra iso for opening it. You can also use Alcohol for opening and burning it.Try also Power iso.

There are no ISOs for Windows NT, 2000, XP or Vista. The "Firmware_uk_low.iso" file is an image file, meaning that it is the complete image of the final CD, which includes the file structure. If you need to boot from a CD to repair your Windows NT, 2000, XP or Vista computer, please use the original Windows installation CD, which is bootable.