Thread: How to disable WinSAT.exe?

How to disable WinSAT.exe?

What is WinSAT.ex? As i see in my task manager process list its eating 70 to 80 of my CPU Usage, as i end this process its start again. How can i disable WinSAT.exe completely? Please help me out with this. I have windows 7 RC.

Re: How to disable WinSAT.exe?

This problem could come from your video drivers if you changed them recently Try downloading and installing ffdshow video decoder, this should replace some of the codec issues that you are having and should solve the issue. If problem persist then reply back with your system configuration.

Apparently this is a known issue, to disable WinSAT should open the Task Scheduler and disable it. It would be much better if you download the latest video drivers for your video cards and install them.

WinSAT.exe is Windows Experience Index Tool , WinSAT.exe actually rates several subsets of your computer system, including processor, memory, primary hard disk, graphics, and gaming graphics. It then uses a special algorithm (not a simple average) to calculate an overall Windows System Performance Rating. So may be its using CPU usage because you are running it?

Quote Originally Posted by gazwsx View Post
    What is WinSAT.ex? As i see in my task manager process list its eating 70 to 80 of my CPU Usage, as i end this process its start again. How can i disable WinSAT.exe completely? Please help me out with this. I have windows 7 RC.
    WinSAT.exe is the Windows System Assessment Tool, which is part of windows 7 and window s vista. If you want to disable it then perform the following actions:

• Go to Task Scheduler. To open the Task Scheduler, click Start. Click on All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and finally Task Scheduler.
    • Navigate to Microsoft\Windows\Maintenance.
    • Disable the task named "WinSAT".