Thread: Backup tool for Windows 7

Backup tool for Windows 7

Hi guys,

I'm new to windows 7, i want a good compatible backup tool for windows 7. Please first suggest some free one. I know windows 7 having inbuilt backup utility but i need some handy tool. If you are using any good backup utility then please give me an idea. Thanks for any help.

Re: Backup tool for Windows 7

There are many good bakup tools are available compatible with windows 7, I'm using True Image by Acronis is also compatible with Windows 7 but its not for free, but you can try the trial for free. Trail works well enough for basic backup purpose.

To setup a backup in windows 7 follow the steps given below:

1. Right click on system drive (Normally C:\)
    2. Go to tools tab and choose the option backup
    3. In backup and restore window choose setup backup
    4. Now Windows 7 will give you list of drives which can be used to store the backup file , you can choose network location also.
    5. In the next step you can let windows to make automatic backup or custome choose the files which you want to backup by choosing option "Let me choose" , but if you'll let windows to choose then it won't backup Program Files,and anything formatted with FAT file system and files stored in recycle bin and any temp files that are 1GB or more.
    6. After selecting the files you can select option to create an image of your local drive.
    7. Save the backup settings and run the backup. Here you done wth backup.
    8. Now if you want to restore it back simply double click on the backup file.

I use MozyHome, its free and gives all needed functions to make a backup. But ya i must say one things that the UI is sometimes a little hard to figure out. Need to search for ways to do what you want. And ya one more thing its support backup for free only till 2GB for more than 2Gb you need to pay them. But i guess using it for free for 2GB backup is quite enough.

ehsan Guest

I would like to make light on Cobian Backup tools, it supports windows 7 very well and its free also but the latest (version 9) is no longer open source. Its free backup software that supports scheduled local and remote backups. Cobian supports nearly every feature of its shareware alternatives.

Try SyncBack, it is full-featured backup software available in freeware and shareware. I've been using this product for over a year now , Surprisingly customizable freeware SyncBack has a few limitations that the shareware version is not as impossible to open save files, but both versions offer extensive features including backup profiles and options for local backup and remote.