Thread: File sharing issue in outlook 2007

File sharing issue in outlook 2007

Hi ,

I am using outlook 2007 as a mail client in my Laptop. I am using Windows vista as a operating system. Most of time when i am attaching file like executable or any other format, It will create problem and not attached with my mail. How can i solve this issue . Please suggest for some any method. Thanks in advance.

Rename the blocked file in outlook 2007

Outlook does not block documents such as .xls, .doc, .ppt, and .txt files. These are the files most people use to get work done. However, keep in mind that these files can contain macros that have the potential to spread viruses. So whenever these come to your Inbox, be sure to save and scan them first with a third-party anti virus program. And be sure to follow the recommended directions to protect your PC. You can also rename the blocked file.

Save the file in outlook 2007

You can always rename the blocked file to include a temporary file type that is not on the list of blocked file types. For example, you might rename program.exe to program.exe_ok, and then attach the file to the e-mail message. You can include instructions in the message for the recipient to save the file with the correct name, program.exe. The key point to remember here is that you should only open files that you expected from someone.

WINRAR and WINARCHIVE for File sharing in outlook 2007

Use a zip program to package files before you attach them to your e-mail message. In your message, you can include instructions explaining how to extract the files from the package to make it easy for recipients to access the files. You can also use WINRAR and WINARCHIVE Software for ZIP the file.

Use MSN for file sharing in outlook 2007

You can also post the files to a secure network share. Most Internet service providers (ISPs) offer paying subscribers a space to post files. One example is to save files on MSN. In your message, you can include a link to the share that you have given the recipients access to. It is the best way for speed issue for uploading and downloading the file.

Microsoft Office Resource Kit helps file sharing issue in outlook 2007

If you work in an organization that uses Microsoft Exchange Server as the e-mail server, the administrator does have control over which file types are blocked or unblocked. If you are the e-mail administrator, you can learn more about configuring blocked attachment behavior in Outlook by referencing the Microsoft Office Resource Kit.