Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Several svchost.exe are running at the same time !?!

Windows Software

Old 22-12-2009

Several svchost.exe are running at the same time !?!

I am having Acer Aspire mini Laptop with operating system as Windows XP installed in it. Due to some reason I checked the Task Manager in which I was shocked to see that there were several svchost.exe running at the same time. I have never checked the Processes Tab earlier but is it normal to have many same services at same time.?? I was afraid to close that process since I don't know it was related to OS. Please guide me properly.

Old 22-12-2009

Re: Several svchost.exe are running at the same time !?!

?svchost.exe is a generic host process name for services that run from dynamic-link libraries?. There are always many svchost.exe instance running at the Processes Tab. Every single service ran under a single svchost.exe instance, and if they were not separated than a failure in one might bring down all of Windows. So they are separated out and hence there are many svchost.exe instances.
Old 22-12-2009

The process is run at system startup and checks part of registry services to the list of services to be opened. In general, multiple instances of Svchost.exe process are implemented at the same time. Each of these bodies may contain a list of services. This grouping of services allows better control and debugging easier, but also cause some difficulties for users. This is because the same file name is used by viruses, spyware, Trojan horses and other malwares to conceal their activity. So its better to scan your system by updated anti virus regularly.
Old 22-12-2009

Svchost.exe is a Windows system file. It is the Generic Host Process for Win32 Services. Svchost.exe manages 32-bit DLL's as well as other services. Microsoft runs a lot of software functionality from DLL (dynamic link library) interface. But DLLs can?t launch themselves ? they need an executable program. On start up, svchost.exe checks the services in the Registry and makes a list of services it has to load. Usually there are several svchost.exe files running at the same time. The svchost.exe file should be in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. If you find it anywhere else, then svchost.exe is a virus, trojan, worm, or spyware.
Old 22-12-2009

Don't terminate this active proccess and don't delete, is functionally to system services (Audio of Windows, firewall of Windows). If neccesary, you can repair this svchost.exe with antivirus software or anti-spyware software. Many times deleting the svchost.exe from the Processes Tab causes critical issue to the operating system. If you are having doubt of virus, scan your system by updated Anti virus.
Old 22-12-2009

I would like to suggest you that always look your task manager at lease once every time you use your computer. Then try to remember which process are running normal; if your computer is having problems or the system is slow, check the process and check for new process running and kill the one is sucking all your memory. Be careful because some times malicious files can hide the dangerous, they take the name of a normal process to look like a windows system process. Use very good anti virus to remove the malware.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,