Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Method for changing my default email program in IE in Windows 7

Windows Software

Old 22-12-2009

Method for changing my default email program in IE in Windows 7

Formerly , I was using windows XP and when I clicked on an email link in my Internet Explorer browser , It always use to launch Gmail for me . But last week i upgraded to Windows 7. Now with Windows 7 it always launches MS Outlook . I used the help for IE but it does not solves the issue. Only a single way appears is that i should remove Ms-Outlook. I am looking for some way other than uninstalling the MS-outlook. Which should be so that whenever i click on email links on web pages it should open my Gmail account.

Last edited by Abel18 : 22-12-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 22-12-2009

Re: Method for changing my default email program in IE in Windows 7

I do not think tha t you are facing such problem because you have migrated from windows XP to windows 7 . Your issue can be solved by performing the following step:

1. Open the Internet Explorer
2. Now go to Tools
3. Go to Internet Options>Programs
4. Check the drop down box for email.
5. What does it shows there you can select the required program.
Old 22-12-2009

hi ,
I followed your steps as mentioned in your reply . When I select Tools > Internet options > Programs, I am unable to find the email tab. But i found an option Internet programs which allows me to set program access and internet defaults and it shows only two option as ' my current email program ' and the 'use Outlook Express'. it does not allow to change my current email program. this have not helped me any way i would like to thank you for replying me.
Old 22-12-2009

I have faced a similar problem in the past . I tried to get rid of this problem desperately and for that i have searched a lot over the net . Eventually I got the solutions when i did the steps below.

*Double click on the internet Explorer icon
*Go to the Tools option.
*On the tools options
*Select programs
*It will show a deop down list under that you can select the default program or the program you like.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,