Thread: Unable to Close Firefox 3.5.5

Unable to Close Firefox 3.5.5

Hello, I am using Windows xp in my computer and I have just updated my Firefox from older version to the Firefox 3.5.5. After updation I am getting problem while closing it. Whenever I try to close my Firefox 3.5.5, but it wont close. Then I need to close it manually from the task manager. Why firefox is behaving like this. If you are having any idea regarding this then please help me with the reply. Is there any solution to solve this problem. There is not any problem in other software's of my computer.

Re: Unable to Close Firefox 3.5.5

Hello, I think the updated version of the Firfox 3.5.5 is not accurately installed on your computer and that is why you are getting the problem. You can simply solve this problem by uninstalling the Firfox 3.5.5 from your computer and then by again installing it. While reinstallation you can make use of the existing Firefox version with you and then you can update it or you can simply download the updated version from the Mozilla website and then you can install it directly. It will solve your problem.

You are getting this problem due to incomplete installation of the updates. Now you need to install the Firefox 3.5.5 again by uninstalling the previous one. So, uninstall it from the Control panel and then again install the Firefox and update it properly. This will definitely solve your problem. Or if you check on internet the newer version of the Firefox has been released as Firefox 3.5.6. You can update your Firefox with that version and it may possible that your problem of closing would be solved. So, try this.

I am also having the same problem when I install the Firefox 3.5.5 directly on my computer. I have got this setup on the game cd and then I install that on my computer. But, after install the Firefox 3.5.5 is not closing if you click on close button.

I have following Extensions installed:
    • PDF download
    • US English dictionary
    • Download status bar
    • Google Toolbar for Firefox 6.1.20091216W
    • AVG Security Toolbar
    • Fast video download
    • CyberSearch 2.0.4
    • Googlepedia
    • Microsoft Net Framework
    • AVG Safe Search
    • eBay side bar

Then I have Plugins installed:
    • Mozilla Default Plug-in
    • Adobe Acrobat 7.0.0.0
    • Microsoft DRM 9.0.0.3250
    • The QuickTime Plugin
    • NPTURNMED
    • Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
    • Adobe Shockwave
    • iTunes Detector Plug-in
    • Google Updater

What can I do to solve this problem. Can anyone help me?

You need to install the Firefox 3.5.5 again to solve your problem. There may be possibility that the updated Firefox 3.5.5 version is not having all the files to run and that is why it is behaving anonymously. So, uninstall that updated Firefox and then again install the Firefox on your computer to solve your problem. So, that your problem of closing would be resolved. There is no other way to solve your problem. So, just uninstall the Firefox and reinstall it.

Hello, I think that you are having problem with your Firefox 3.5.5 and you can solve it by simply uninstalling it. You can try for the same Firefox 3.5.5 and if you are getting the same problem again then you can try for the older version of the firefox as there may be possibility that the Version 3.5.5 is not supporting your computer and you need to use the older version. So, check whether it is your problem or not?