Thread: Please help me get voice chat in yahoo chat rooms!

Please help me get voice chat in yahoo chat rooms!

Hello, i am using Yahelite 330.3 and i cant seem to get voice chat to work in the yahoo rooms when i join one. I can play audio files properly including songs, movies on my computer so i know this is either an issue with yahoo or yahelite. I have tried to voice chat on yahoo messenger as well but to no avail and just can't hear the other person talking, neither can they hear me talking. On Yahelite it shows the client connecting to the voice server but then ends up showing as disconnected. I am using Windows Vista and have the latest yahoo messenger on my system. I recently upgraded my system to Vista from XP and have started getting this issue. Guys please help me get voice in yahoo chat rooms and solve this issue.
    Last edited by Garrett; 21-12-2009 at 08:09 PM.

Re: Please help to get voice in yahoo chat rooms

Well first of all see if your mic is working properly. If you can plug it into a different system and see if it works, that could be helpful. Try using a different mic in that case. Also check for the audio codecs which might be necessary for yahoo voice chat on Vista. I am sure this is an issue with some sort of codec necessary for voice chat on Vista. The version of Yahelite you are using is an old version so i suggest you to try and update and see if this improves the situation.

Re: Please help to get voice in yahoo chat rooms

You should upgrade your version of yahelite to a more recent one by typing /update in the text box. The version you are using is old and i am sure many bugs have been patched up in the newer version. If this is a yahoo voice server issue make sure that your firewall isn't blocking a connection to them. Allow it to make a connection to them when it asks you for permission. It is possible that Vista is conflicting with yahelite and some audio codecs needed for voice chat are missing leading to this issue. If nothing works and voice chat is that important then reinstall Windows XP. Hope this can help in getting voice chat in yahoo rooms for you.

Re: Please help me get voice chat in yahoo chat rooms!

I had this similar issue when i just couldn't use voice chat on yahoo. I was trying to do it in conference with the other person and it wouldn't just load. It seems the real issue was that i was using an older version of messenger while the other person was using a much higher version of it. I upgraded my messenger version and it started working fine for me. See if you can upgrade your chat clients and that resolves the problem for you. It is also possible your firewall is blocking yahoo messenger and your chat client from connecting to the voice servers. It is probably blocking a port needed for voice chat. Make sure that you allow the firewall to make the connection. This should help in getting voice chat to work in yahoo rooms in my opinion. As a last resort try going back to Windows XP because Vista is known for many bugs and seems you have found one.

I think i can provide some instructions to help get voice chat to work on yahelite and in yahoo rooms as well. You need to download and install an application called Ycabby which consists of 3 .cab files needed for voice chat to work properly with Yahelite and yahoo. It has a new version out for Vista i think called Ycabby 2. Download it and follow the instructions to install it. You need a client like yahoo messenger or yahelite to be installed properly first for this to work to upgrade your messenger and yahelute to a newer version and then install ycabby. This worked properly for me and i can assure you this is a fool proof solution to your problem. There is also some kind of audio codec available for this problem but i doubt the authenticity of that file so i wouldn't recommend it.

Hey guys thanks a lot for your replies and attempts to help me in this problem. I would like to thank Macarenas for his solution in special because that worked perfectly in my case. I installed ycabby following the simple instructions that came along with it and i can voice chat just fine on messenger as well on yahelite now including in the rooms. I had upgraded my yahelite and yahoo messenger before that as well just to be sure. Thankfully i didn't have to reinstall my operating system to overcome this problem which is a big relief for me.