Thread: WDTV Live Component Video Problem

WDTV Live Component Video Problem

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. Now i'm facing some problem while trying to use the WDTV component output with my (CRT) TV, which supports component input. I had tried to run through all the component output options (resolutions and frequencies) available in the WDTV Live setup options, but all I can get is a mis-synced picture with a double image or no image at all. Still i'm not able to resolve my WDTV Live Component video issue. Can any one tell me that how to resolve WDTV Live Component video problem? Any one knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: WDTV Live Component Video Problem

Try with another TV, I have no problem with a HD Ready plasma TV at 1080i and 720p. I'm having the same issue. Hooked up the same way: HDMI to the TV, optical cable to my Onkyo reciever. I'm getting audio through the HDMI but not the Optical cable.

I'm using component because I do not have a spare HDMI input. I don't have a tuner with an HDMI input so I may be in the situation of watching 1080p video with stereo audio OR component video with surround sound! I bought this box to watch 1080p video with surround sound audio.

The receiver connects to the TV through it component output, which works fine for the cable box on the other input and the xbox 360 that used to be connected where the WDTV is now. The main one of these is network connectivity, which comes in the form of an Ethernet socket on the back. I can live with the way it it temporarily but I'd like to know what about the WDTV makes it so that it won't pump that signal to the receiver (or why the receiver can't understand that signal).

Considering the WD TV Live does support interlaced resolutions, I dont think its impossible to implement both NTSC and PAL interlaced resolutions as well. You can stream a video from your computer’s shared hard drives or NAS to the WDTV Live What is interesting is that the WDTV Live can now share any USB drive plugged into it over your network.

So basically it can act as a quasi-NAS for any USB drive attached to it. I notice too that with HDMI, the only options for 1080p are 23.976Hz, 24Hz, 50Hz, and 60Hz. Your home PCs can see whatever drives are connected to the WDTV Live and transfer files to it over a network.