Thread: Yahoo captcha issues with yahelite

Yahoo captcha issues with yahelite

Hey guys i am using Yahelite 330.3. My problem is that i am having yahoo captcha issues while trying to access the chat rooms using this client. The captcha image just wont load for me giving an error that the image is currently not available. When it does load, i enter the code from the image and press enter, yet i can't enter any rooms. The image and the code i entered just stay there after pressing enter as if no input was given. Eventually i get to enter a room after 3-4 tries where in the image finally shows up only to get disconnected from chat again and the whole process has to start again. The captcha being introduced has made yahoo chat very slow in this respect. Is this a common occurrence with captcha or a server issues from their side? Please give me a solution for my problem.

Re: Yahoo captcha issues with yahelite

It seems this captcha issue with yahoo chat rooms is faced by all the alternate chat clients and even yahoo messenger. It is possible they are making some changes or updates to the captcha servers. The text servers,voice servers seem to be in working order. Just that the captcha servers are either down or very slow leading to this issue. You can try using a browser instead of letting those images load on yahelite itself. Use the advanced options to change the option to show the captcha image in an browser. This option has worked for me in terms of loading the image. I am afraid entering the code and it being processed is up to the servers so you can't do anything manually from your end but wait for the servers to become normal from yahoo's end.

Yahoo it seems has done something to the captcha servers to make room entry troublesome. It doesn't seem to be a problem from our end considering i can't even get in to chat with yahoo messenger. I updated my yahelite and changed the option of viewing the captcha code in a seperate browser instead of in a Yahelite window. I suggest you to do the same from the advanced options. Select that option from the extended options that says use external browser for captcha and that should do the trick.

Well you can change the captcha server you connect to which gives you the captcha code or image. I have changed it to an alternate server to bypass the captcha issue with yahoo chat for a while. Voice servers and text servers seem to be working fine, so this is an issue with the captcha servers so i suggest you not to change anything else. You can use the following server till the issue is fixed by them.
    captchaes103.chat.ac4.yahoo

Just insert that in your url when you open the captcha in a browser. You should insert that instead of the default captcha server mentioned in the url. This should speed up the process of the image loading and processing the code for your entry in that particular room.

I have experienced slowness in the images being processed and getting an entry in the room. Don't seem to be having an issues with the captcha image loading. I am using the latest version of Yahelite and have selected the option from extended options to open up the captcha image in a new browser window. Try upgrading your yahelite by typing /update in the text window. Make sure your connection is working fine too. Yahoo seems to be upgrading or making changes in the servers which is why they are slow i guess. By the way option to change the captcha servers has been tried and hasn't exactly worked great. I got the "HTTP/1.1 417 Expectation Failed" error when i tried to use the captchaes104 server so that isn't exactly a foolproof method.

Well you can use one of the following servers if you wish for by changing the servers in the url when yahelite tries to launch a captcha window for you in your browser along with the one mentioned in a previous post.
    captcha.chat.vip.ac4.yahoo
    captchaes101.chat.ac4.yahoo
    captchaes102.chat.ac4.yahoo
    Make sure you have the option to open the captcha in an external browser selected. Go to options > extended options and there you will see a check box to select this. Update your yahelite to a newer version by typing /update in it. I think the issue is with your version of yahelite since i seem to be able to see the images fine. Make sure you change the servers when you see the link being launched by Yahelite asking you which browser to open it in. The servers are slow right now and that is the main issue with room entry but that should be fixed from yahoo's end soon enough in my opinion. The above mentioned solutions should solve the captcha images for yahoo chat not loading issue for you.
    Last edited by kattman; 21-12-2009 at 06:00 PM.