Thread: VLC Error in Apple iBook G3/500 (Dual USB - Tr) with Ubuntu 9.04

VLC Error in Apple iBook G3/500 (Dual USB - Tr) with Ubuntu 9.04

Hi, I am getting problem with my VLC Media player while playing mp3 files. Whenever I try to open any type of MP3 file it causes VLC media player as an illegal operation error. Then suddenly VLC media player closes. Is anyone is having proper solution to solve this problem. Please give me that. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: VLC Error in Apple iBook G3/500 (Dual USB - Tr) with Ubuntu 9.04

The problem you are getting in your Apple iBook G3/500 (Dual USB - Tr) with Ubuntu 9.04 regarding the VLC player is due to the file association. You have not associated the mp3 format files with your VLC media player and that is why you are getting this problem. So, just make use of the option from the VLC media players menu bar and then associate the mp3 files to the VLC media player. This will solve your problem.

There would be problem with your VLC media player and it can be solved with the use of reinstalling the VLC media player. You need to uninstall the previous VLC media player from your computer and then you can again install it to solve your problem. If you are not having the setup of VLC media player then you can make use of the link below to download it.

VLC Media Player (VideoLAN) 1.0.3 RC 1

I am also getting the same problem with my VLC with Ubuntu 9.04. If anyone got the same problem and able to overcome that then please give me solution regarding this. When I open Mp3 files my VLC player suddenly hangs and not able to play it. And it requires to stop by closing it. As it stops responding other applications also stops running. So, please give me some solution to solve this problem.

I think you are using corrupted VLC player in your Apple iBook G3/500 (Dual USB - Tr) with Ubuntu 9.04 and that is why you are getting the problem while playing the mp3 files on your computer. So, just remove that vlc player from your computer and then again by installing other setup of vlc media player you can able to solve your problem. So, try to do this to solve your problem.

The problem you are getting is due to the inappropriate use of the VLC player. I think your vlc player is set to play only the video files and when you try to play mp3 files on it, it gives you error as illegal operation error. If it is so, then you can set your vlc player to run the mp3 files and then whenever you try to play mp3 files from your vlc player it won't give you any error. But, if you don't able to get solution from this then unistall the vlc player and reinstall it again. Or you can use following mp3 player to play your mp3 files:
    1. Beep Media Player 0.9.7.1
    2. Banshee 1.4
    3. Rhythmbox 0.12.5
    4. Listen Music Player 0.6.3
    5. XMMS 1.2.11
    6. quod libet 2.1