Thread: Adding Flv files to Windows media player 12

Adding Flv files to Windows media player 12

Hi. I have a desktop machine with windows 7 installed as the operating system. I use windows media player 12 as my media software to play media files. The problem is I am notable to add flv files to the library of my media player. Also not able to execute flash videos. Is there any way or possibility through which I can make the things happen? Please help.

Re: Adding Flv files to Windows media player 12

Well as you are not able to add flv files to the media player this is because medial player 12 does not support flash files. It do not have the codecs for executing flv files. This is the reason you are not able to ad those files to the library. Use some other player in order to execute and add such files to the library. This shall be relevant and easy to use and to execute.

You need to add or modify he player in order to work it with the same. As normal default windows media player 12 does not support well with the files under windows 7 as it do not have those features that should be able to make the files to execute. You need to install the codecs for the same that is some flv codecs. You could get it from sites by searching in Google. Install the required codec and then work with the same.

You need to add the flv files to the media player library can be done by following the steps as follows:

1) Open the windows player 12 by executing it.
    2) Go to the library option.
    3) Create a new playlist by clicking on the option.
    4) Then rename it and save the playlist.
    5) Start dragging the flv files to the playlist menu on the right hand pane.

This shall enable you to save and add the files to the playlist of your media player.

You can do one thing in order to make the flv files to work with windows media player. You need to convert the files into mpeg or avi format or to any format that would be suitable for the media player to execute. Use Total video converter 3 in order to make the files to execute. Convert them into desired format for the media player. Then add the files to the playlist by following the procedure as mentioned above.

Use flv player to execute the flash videos to your system. This shall help you to play the flv files easily with adding them and to play randomly. You can also use Klite player. It has inbuilt feature of executing flash videos with the codec installed in it. All you need to do is to open the playlist option from k-lite media player classic and from tools menu. Then drag the flash files. It would then play the videos continuously without halting.