Thread: Issues with yahoo and Xbox live vision cam,please help!

Issues with yahoo and Xbox live vision cam,please help!

Hello, i seem to have a lot of issues with yahoo lately. Well let me tell you the issues one by one so you can post solutions/suggestions for it accordingly. To start with my xbox live vision cam just refuses to work with my yahoo messenger. It is detected on my operating system which is Windows XP but as soon as i try to send someone an invite and get it to work it just broadcasts a blank black screen. My second issue is that i always keep freezing when i try to play yahoo games such as pool with someone in an IM window. Please help guys,thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Gaelic; 18-12-2009 at 10:49 PM.

Re: Issues with yahoo and Xbox live vision cam,please help!

Well as far as i know Xbox live vision cam won't work with yahoo. Try to get it working on say msn and AIM. It has never worked for me on yahoo but works fine for me on msn and skype. Try and see if maybe some cam drivers is missing on or during your installation. I had this same issue on vista as well so i figured it was something to do with the operating system. Well as for your second problem it is clearly evident you need to update your java. Usually yahoo games need java to be installed on your system to work smoothly so that is the issue there,either you don't have java or the specific version of java required for the game.

I don't think you can get the xbox live vision cam to work with yahoo since it is not even supported by yahoo. You are out of luck in that case. Try using it with some other chat client for better results. It has nothing to do with your operating system or the drivers. It is a good cam in my opinion so try and work it with say AIM on which it worked fine in my case. You don't have java on your system which is why you freeze when you try and play yahoo games,so install java first or try to play it from the web if you have java on your browser.

Well i can't help you much with the freezing problem since i have never had that problem. But yahoo games usually need java to work, i know that because you get a notifications saying java is loading the game which is an indicator to that. As for the cam,try getting some other cam like logitech and see if it works for you. If it does then most probably it is a yahoo issue or your cam's driver issue. Yahoo usually identifies a cam when you attach it to the system so most probably it is yahoo refusing to identify your cam. Make sure your cam is in working condition as well before you decide to junk it by using it with another messenger.

I think you need Windows XP with service pack 2 for getting this combination to work properly. I haven't personally tried this so i am just posting here from what i had read recently. I had an installation error so i gave up on it on my vista and started using it on my laptop where it works fine with msn and AIM. You sure you have the right version of java on your system because if not then that will lead to issues with playing yahoo games.

Thanks guys,i really found this discussion very useful as i was having issues getting my xbox live vision cam to work with msn and AIM. I re-downloaded the drivers for my Xbox live vision cam and installed it again. This made it work with AIM which was my original intention. I still can't get it to work with my yahoo but i don't really use it so i didn't mind it. I really do think yahoo doesn't recognize the cam. I also had installed service pack 2 so i am not sure what made this work on my system but thanks again.