Thread: .wmv files not supported with windows media 12 on web

.wmv files not supported with windows media 12 on web

Hello. This is a problem that I am currently facing. It is that I am unable to play .wmv files with windows media player 12 on web. I use Mozilla firefox as my web browser. I just do no know what could be the issue? Please help me out so that I can make the certain things that is my player to work on webpage. This is really bugging me out. I use windows 7 as my operating system. Please help.

Re: .wmv files not supported with windows media 12 on web

You need to check the local root folder for the thing. As you are not able to make the .wmv file to execute on web with windows media player 12 this is basically a cause with the root folder. Change the key value from there. The HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.wmv may the different as it might have been setup in he previous version of the player. Making the things to work you need to change the key value accordingly for the player. The default value needs to be changed.

The problem may be associated with the media player that it is not been able to cope up well with the system. The issue could be related to the operating system as well. This so because the operating system plays a vital role in executing all sorts of tasks that has to be performed or is been. This requires compatibility with the software that is been using. So check out for the same.

Check for the web browser whether it is missing the plugins that is needed to play the .wmv files. As windows media player been advanced and it requires certain plugins that needs to be install in order to work with he web browser. This can be done by installing the missing plugins of the player with the browser. Check out the compatibility with the same that is to the operating system. Hopefully this should sort out the issue that is you may be able to play he files with the player on web then.

Downgrade the Media player version that you are been using. You use windows media player 12 and it has lot of issues associated with it. The problem may be that the bugs might be appended to it which is not enabling you to play the files on the player. You could just try to uninstall he player and then use the downgraded version that is Windows media player 11.

Use some other browser rather than Mozilla firefox. If the above solutions are not helping you then try to play or execute the file by using some other browser. Use Internet explorer 7 or 8. This may help you to play the files. It is possible that certain browsers do not support such medias. Instead of uninstalling the media codecs or player change the browser and check out for the solution.