Thread: Dvd playback freezes under windows 7

Dvd playback freezes under windows 7

HI. I am using a desktop machine with Windows 7 installed as the operating system. The problem is with the windows media player 12 that I am using. When I play a DVD file it is unable to play or gets freezed. What could be the reason can you please help me out in this scenario. Hope to get a solution. Thank you.

Re: Dvd playback freezes under windows 7

As you are not able to play the DVD files on your system or in windows media player 12 it may be because of the advanced or graphical themes that is been installed on your system. Windows 7 has lots of themes enabled in it and its very sophisticated. You need to check out if any of them is been activated or no. So just look for the issue and use the default theme under windows 7. This should then allow you to play the files.

You may need to trouble shoot your system or it would be better that you do it to your software that is Windows media player 12. This should help you out and make the things to work properly. As its been said that windows 7 requires good amount of stability and support from the software that is it needs to be updated. So check out if any plugin or update may be missing from the software.

There is an alternative steps through which you can make the things possible. It is as follows:

* Go to the start menu and click run command.
    * Type msconfig and hit enter.
    * On the general tab select the selective startup.
    * Clear or uncheck the boxes of process system.ini, process win.ini and load startup items.
    * Now click on service tab and Hide all Microsoft services. Disable all the items.
    * Click ok and then restart the system.

This issue can be resolved by performing a clean boot. It will sort the issue that you are facing. This is nothing but restarting the application by disabling all the items that load when the operating system executes. This will refresh all the paradigms of the system files also it will make sure that the applications that gets loaded has to be refreshed. Hope this might work.

Uninstall the media player. The issue is basically with the media player that you are using. It is been observed that Windows media player 12 has lot of bugs in it due to which it is quite impossible for the media to execute certain files. The bulk files i almost not very compatible to play with the player. Use the degraded version that is Windows media player 11. Hope the DVD would not freeze.