Thread: Daemon tools install error in Windows 7..!!

Daemon tools install error in Windows 7..!!

I want to play some games that need the Virtual Disks to be created. So I tried to install the ALCOHOL (120% and 52%) and also I tried to install Daemon tools which gave an installation error with the code error 14. I am also having the latest STPD installed v1.62 which claims to be compatible with Windows 7. Does anyone have faced this error.??? How to fix this error.?
    Signatures reduce available bandwidth

Re: Daemon tools install error in Windows 7..!!

You said that you are having the latest STPD installed v1.62. I don't know how you installed the STPD. First uninstall and then try to follow the given steps for the installation on Windows 7 (make sure it is updated version)

1. Click on Start. Then on Run. Type regedit in run and press OK.
    2. Now find the
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd
    3. Delete the folder named "sptd" from the registry. And if you are not able to delete, right-click the folder, and select Permissions. Ask for full control permission.
    4. Now go to the location C:\Windows\system32\drivers and rename or delete the sptd.sys file. Download the newest SPTD Layer version. Install that and wait for the confirmation to restart the system.
    5. After restarting the system, try to open the SPTD layer installer and check whether it tells that SPTD layer is already installed. If this pop up comes continue on installing the Daemon Tools.

If you are getting the ERROR “failed to open service key". Then follow the procedure to isolate this error :

1. Click on Start button and select Run. Type regedit in the Run.
    2. Once you are in Registry find the key -
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_SPTD
    Once you find this try to delete that key. If you are not able to delete, then right click on the folder and change the permission for that folder. In the security tab grant full control to “everyone”. Now you will able to delete that folder.
    3. Also try to delete the following entry -
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\eventlog\System\sptd
    4. Now Run SPTD setup again and you should able to install it.
    5. After restarting the machine, you should able to install the Daemon Tools.

I would like to suggest you that instead of install/uninstall choose upgrade. Then Install the new version of STPD drivers (1.59). After the up gradation is completed restart your machine. Hope you will able to install the Daemon tools after restarting the machine.

Try to start the setup in the Safe mode. It will start properly. Once it starts properly you can try to boot the Windows in normal mode. Hope you will not get the error this time. Also you can use Virtual Clone Drive for making the virtual drive. I am using the same and I am able to play many games by creating the Virtual Drive.

Has anyone got Daemon Tools Lite or Alcohol 52 to run in Win7 STARTER on a netbook? I have been unsuccessful.

Go to the below link and get the latest version of the software. Daemon Tools is an emulator very good CD and DVD. The application reads the CD image and the most popular DVDs and emulates the most popular mechanisms to protect CDs against copying. The application is extremely easy to use. Go to the below link and download the same.
    Daemon Tool

I would appreciate if anyone will advise if you got Daemon Tools Lite to work SPECIFICALLY on WIN7 STARTER (repeat STARTER) version on a netbook. Do not reply if you are using ANY other version of WIN7. Thanks for your help.