Thread: Error : Status_system_process_terminated

Error : Status_system_process_terminated

I am using the Windows Vista as my operating system. Recently I installed some video editing software. Now I am getting the message STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED in the middle of some applications. I don't know whether the error is of OS or some other applications. Does someone know how to troubleshoot this error ??

Re: Error : Status_system_process_terminated

The Error : Status_system_process_terminated occurs when the Windows Vista switches into kernel mode and no security is guaranteed to the user-mode. This error can also occur after the system is rebooted and a system administrator has modified permissions in a way that the system account no longer has adequate permission to access system files and folders. For this error I would suggest you to uninstall driver that you had installed recently. Also if you have updated the driver recently try to roll it back to previous version.

You have mentioned that the Error started coming after you installed some video editing software. I would recommend you to first uninstall that software. Maybe that software are causing the issue. You will also have to uninstall the service of that software. Also try to clean your registries. Once you are done with the uninstalling, reboot your system and check whether the error is coming. If Yes, reply the details of error.

Have you tried to Backup the System Files? This error can be caused if a system file mismatches by partially restoring the system files from a backup. Because there are some backup programs that do not backup files which are in use. Since many software are not compatible with Windows Vista this error is generated. You should always use a backup program that is Vista compatible.

I would like to suggest you to repair your operating system. If removing the recently installed software is not solving the issue then you have to repair your OS. The message is coming due to some corrupted system files which can be replaced at the time of Repairing. So the last option to your problem is to repair your OS. Once you repair the OS the problem will definitely get fixed.