Thread: Good program to mount ISO's in Vista and Windows 7

Good program to mount ISO's in Vista and Windows 7

Hey guys i am looking for a good program,free preferably for mounting the ISO files in Vista and Windows 7.I haven't really used these kind of files in a long time so i am not sure what to use right now.Daemon tools is supposedly a paid software so i don't want to use it.I want something that will be very light,as in won't affect my system as a whole when in use and will do the basic function of mounting and unmounting the ISO files.Thanks

Re: Good program to mount ISO's in Vista and Windows 7

I would suggest you to use MagicISO or Magicdisc.It is a free and good program for what you intend to do.It has worked well for me till now without any issues and very light on resources of the system as well which is important to me just like you.It creates a backup of all your ISO files with a variety of options being made available to the user.It is very simple to manage and create virtual cd drives with this particular utility and i have no qualms about using it instead of daemon tools,hope the same will be the case with you,cheers.

I had issues getting daemon tools to work on my computer so i had to switch to alternatives for using my ISO files as well.I would recommend using Virtual CloneDrive which has worked great for me till now,it is made by slysoft.It is completely free and supports up to 8 virtual drives at the same time which is a distinct advantage.It needed admin login to be installed on xp but that is not the case with Windows 7 and Windows vista.Hope you can give it a try,good luck.

Haven't used any of the softwares mentioned above,not even daemon tools.I have used TotalMounter by Kernsafe solutions.It hasn't given me any problems till now and am happy with the load it takes on my system as well which is normal considering its function and doesn't disturb other activities.It also comes with a free software which can be used to burn data along with the regular mounting and unmounting of ISO files.It also comes with INetDisk which is a disc mapping software.Overall you get a lot of features with this program,so i say go for it without thinking twice.

I still use daemon tools and haven't found any issues with it.You dont need to upgrade the trial version of daemon tools to the premium version if you don't want to.The free version comes with the regular mounting/unmounting facilities so you can still use it without buying it and the additional premium features.Daemon tools hasn't taken any toll on my system so i can't complain about the fact it disturbs my other activities on the computer.

Thanks a lot guys for your different program suggestions.I tried TotalMounter and MagicIso.I would say that TotalMounter is the better option considering the various other options it provided along with the regular facilities.MagicIso kept freezing on my computer whenever i tried to make it work but it worked fine when i restarted it the second time,but that means i had to close and it and open again which was irritating.I only tried it for 2 days and don't know if this is a regular issue or just mine.