Thread: Lightweight theme for gnome

Lightweight theme for gnome

Hi
    I am using ubuntu linux operating system. I use gnome as my default desktop environment. But the problem is that I am running with low memory. So, any one knows a theme for gnome which is really a lightweight. Currently I am using mac4lin and yes it runs very well on low memory. But I am a great fan of gnome desktop environment, so if you guys know some light weight theme for gnome please do post. Thanks in advance.

Re: Lightweight theme for gnome

Hi
    Code:
    So, any one knows a theme for gnome which is really a lightweight
    I would recommend you for the gnome-look site. Please go to the gnome - look site and there you can find many themes which are light weight and very attractive. Alternatively you can try the themes from the gnome-art official web site. It contains some old themes, but they are dam good and lightweight.

Hi
    Thanks for the post, but I already know these sites. Most of the themes available there work with metacity which I do not want. I do not know why but I do not like the themes which depend on metacity. If you can help me with some more sites it would be highly appreciated.

Hi
    Code:
    So, any one knows a theme for gnome which is really a lightweight
    The discussion is about the lightweight desktop theme. I am just curious about how do you know which theme is lightweight and which is not? Please teel me how do you verify that the theme is lightweight, which I have to install for a low memory. Any help on this.

Hello
    I think the themes without transparency and blurring are very lightweight. In general i think that simpler not much graphics, less extravagant themes are more lightweight. I had installed a really fancy themes few days before, But all the other applications were slowed down. So, I switched to my old theme which is great. I think the theme 'Blended' on gnome is very simple and fast and runs with any problem.

Hi
    Ok, as your post makes sense, but is there any tool to measure the lightness of the theme. When I tried to design a metacity theme i found that it was very heavy compared to the other themes. Is the human theme light weight than other themes say TMetal or ish etc. Because I think the term lightweight refers to memory consumption. If I am not wrong this is the correct concept.