Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Python bug

Windows Software

Old 15-12-2009

Python bug

Hi
I use fedora 12 linux operating system. I do python programming. I am fairly new to fedora operating system. I am tring to run the yumex on my fedora 12 system , which is a x86_64 architecture. When it comes to end of the installation (to resolve the dependencies) it crashes and then I get a bug report from the bug reporting tool that there is a bug in the python 2.6.x. I am wrong some where. Any one else have been through the same error. If yes and you do have the solution for it, then please do post. Thanks in advance.

Old 15-12-2009

Re: Python bug

Hi
Quote:
I am tring to run the yumex on my fedora 12 system , which is a x86_64 architecture.
I probably think there is a problem in yumex. Have you tried using yum in the terminal, does that crash the system? I think you should try the following command in the terminal
Code:
yum clean all
Then try to run the yumex. Do you use repository for this, what repository do you use? To find the repositories you use, issue the following as a root in the terminal.
Code:
yum repolist
Old 15-12-2009

Hi
Quote:
Have you tried using yum in the terminal, does that crash the system?
Yum works fine in terminal, it has no problem there.
Code:
yum repolist
The repositories I have are
1) adobe-linux-i386
2) Fedora 12 - x86_64
3) rpm.livna.org rpmfusion-free
4) rpmfusion-free-updates
5) rpmfusion-nonfree
6) rpmfusion-nonfree-updates
I tried the following command
Quote:
yum clean all
But the result was the same. Any advice or suggestion on this.
Old 15-12-2009

Hi
Quote:
adobe-linux-i386
I think you should use the Adobe Flash Player 64 bit version and not the 32bit version. This may be the problem, But I strong feel that the problem is in the yumex. Ok, you can also try removing the 32 bit version of adobe flash player and install a fresh new copy of 64bit version of adobe flash player. And then try running yumex. Hope this may help you. Any more problem do post back.
Old 15-12-2009

Hi
Quote:
I think you should use the Adobe Flash Player 64 bit version and not the 32bit version.
I use the 64bit version of adobe flash player. I had install it from an tar file from the adobe official site. Once I had installed the adobe reader from the this repository, this is why the repo is enabled. I think the last option fro me is to try reinstall the yumex using yum in the terminal. What do you think of it? Is it a good idea to to this.
Old 15-12-2009

Hi
I am really sorry but I do not know what else to suggest you. But I still think this is a problem of yumex. You surely reinstall the yumex using yum, but before that you can check in the redhat Bugzilla if there is a post on similar bug. If there is a thread there you will definitely find a fix to it. Hope everything goes well for you.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , , ,