Thread: Python bug

Python bug

Hi
    I use fedora 12 linux operating system. I do python programming. I am fairly new to fedora operating system. I am tring to run the yumex on my fedora 12 system , which is a x86_64 architecture. When it comes to end of the installation (to resolve the dependencies) it crashes and then I get a bug report from the bug reporting tool that there is a bug in the python 2.6.x. I am wrong some where. Any one else have been through the same error. If yes and you do have the solution for it, then please do post. Thanks in advance.

Re: Python bug

Hi
    I am tring to run the yumex on my fedora 12 system , which is a x86_64 architecture.
    I probably think there is a problem in yumex. Have you tried using yum in the terminal, does that crash the system? I think you should try the following command in the terminal
    Code:
    yum clean all
    Then try to run the yumex. Do you use repository for this, what repository do you use? To find the repositories you use, issue the following as a root in the terminal.
    Code:
    yum repolist

Hi
    Have you tried using yum in the terminal, does that crash the system?
    Yum works fine in terminal, it has no problem there.
    Code:
    yum repolist
    The repositories I have are
    1) adobe-linux-i386
    2) Fedora 12 - x86_64
    3) rpm.livna.org rpmfusion-free
    4) rpmfusion-free-updates
    5) rpmfusion-nonfree
    6) rpmfusion-nonfree-updates
    I tried the following command
    yum clean all
    But the result was the same. Any advice or suggestion on this.

Hi
    adobe-linux-i386
    I think you should use the Adobe Flash Player 64 bit version and not the 32bit version. This may be the problem, But I strong feel that the problem is in the yumex. Ok, you can also try removing the 32 bit version of adobe flash player and install a fresh new copy of 64bit version of adobe flash player. And then try running yumex. Hope this may help you. Any more problem do post back.

Hi
    I think you should use the Adobe Flash Player 64 bit version and not the 32bit version.
    I use the 64bit version of adobe flash player. I had install it from an tar file from the adobe official site. Once I had installed the adobe reader from the this repository, this is why the repo is enabled. I think the last option fro me is to try reinstall the yumex using yum in the terminal. What do you think of it? Is it a good idea to to this.

Hi
    I am really sorry but I do not know what else to suggest you. But I still think this is a problem of yumex. You surely reinstall the yumex using yum, but before that you can check in the redhat Bugzilla if there is a post on similar bug. If there is a thread there you will definitely find a fix to it. Hope everything goes well for you.