Thread: Error 11019 using PartitionMagic 8.0

Error 11019 using PartitionMagic 8.0

I was using Windows Vista as my operating system. But because of the compatibility issues I removed it and now I am having the Windows XP as operating system. I have also installed the software PartitionMagic 8.0, so that I can partition my hard drive. When I am trying to partition, the process gets started and at last the I get "Error #11019" and I cannot partition my hard drive. I don't know whether it is issue of OS or the PartitionMagic 8.0. Please help me to fix this.!!
    The Gaming Machine:
    Processor: Core 2 Duo E6400
    Motherboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
    RAM: 2GB XMS2 Corsair PC2-6400
    Video: ATI Radeon X1900XT 512MB w/ Arctic Accellero
    Drive: 74GB "WD Raptor" 10000RPM
    Sound: Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi
    Watercooling: *Soon* Zalman Reserator

Re: Error 11019 using PartitionMagic 8.0

The main changes that lead to ERROR 11019 is the change that Partition Magic makes into the registry at boot time. This changes takes place before the OS is loaded. The actual key situated in the registry is
    HKEY_Local_Machine\System\MountedDevices,
    which gets changed as
    HKEY_Local_Machine\System\MountedDevice1.
    Due to this change in the registry the error is generated. The simple answer to this problem is to attempt to uninstall Service Pack that you have installed, and reinstall the latest Service Pack in your install of XP.This will definitely solve your problem.

The Error 11019 is generated when the default registry changes. The registry entry
    HKEY_Local_Machine\System\MountedDevices gets changed to HKEY_Local_Machine\System\MountedDevice1.

So you can remove every key inside the folder
    HKEY_Local_Machine\System\MountedDevices1
    except the "Default". Also rename that folder as "temp". Reboot your system and try to partition the hard drive using the Partition Magic. This time you may succeed.

I would like to suggest you to use the software from the given link
    http://www.techarena.in/download/reg...ry-cleaner.htm
    instead of editing them manually which can cause the OS to crash down if not done properly. This software will remove the unwanted registries and also repair the corrupted entries. So once you run this software you can able to partition your hard disk from the next reboot.

You can simply connect to the Internet and upgrade your Service Pack of the Windows XP that you are using. You can try the other way by editing the Registry key. You will have to type regedit in run which you will find after clicking on the Start button. Once you go to registry entry you can edit it manually, if the registry entry does not work for you. Once you are done you can use the Partition Magic for the partition.