Thread: Problem with opening .fla files

Problem with opening .fla files

I am running windows xp on my computer and i have installed flash 8. I could not open my downloaded text1.fla file.. When i try to open that application it gives an error message Application "DOS" could not be found. Does anyone know What program to open .FLA file?

Re: Problem with opening .fla files

The FLA file type is primarily associated with 'Flash' by Adobe Systems Incorporated. The .fla file extension is used for the basic Flash document file, used in the development context. Adobe Flash will create animations or movies and save the source content as a .FLA which is then compiled into (probably) a .SWF file.

File extension FLA is most commonly used to refer to an Adobe Flash movie authoring file. This contains all the elements which make up the finished product, including graphics, animation instructions. the FLA file is the editable project file saved by the Flash development program; the SWF (or "swiff") file is a compressed format that is viewable in most Web browsers with the Flash plugin.

Errors in your registry are one of the common causes for incorrect file like .flv file associations on your windows system. I will recommend you to check your registry for file association errors or use the free RegistryBooster scan, with this you will find out for certain exactly what is wrong with your system’s registry and know for sure whether you need to fix invalid file associations, corrupted software settings, or any one of a whole range of other possible problems to make your PC run smoothly.

lexlibris1299 Guest

Check the file association of windows. Did you try opening the file with "open with" option? With this option you can choose flash to open this file. But if it is a compiled file, you cannot open it with flash. Check if this really editable file.