Thread: How to remove speaker sound when headphone is on in XP

How to remove speaker sound when headphone is on in XP

Hi,
    I have a laptop model Compaq Presario V3000. I am using windows XP on it. Yesterday I had format the Laptop for some reason. I am using both speaker and Headphone on my system. But the problem is whenever i listen the music on my Headphone it also play on speaker. What should i do for mute volume for my speaker. I do not want to plug unplug every time on speaker. Can anyone have any idea. Please suggest me. My speaker model is IBox and headphone is intex. Thank you.

Re: How to remove speaker sound when headphone is on in XP

You have said that you formatting the system so may be all drivers and software that control volume is also deleted with this formatting. You should install the drivers and software for volume control from your CD/DVD resources software that come with your Laptop. First you need to installed that and restart your Laptop and check its working or not. If you face any issue reply.

manually headphone audio setting in XP

Can you send me what drivers and volume supported software you have used.
    There will be different setting for speaker and headphone audio in software that is mostly depend of audio software like nvidea ,cmedia etc. It may have option for shaking headphone to speaker and speaker to headphone. So you have changed output sound to headphone not speaker.

Set speaker and headphone sound through speaker icon.

You may change your i/o setting by double clicking on the small speaker icon located in the tray in XP. This is located near your right hand corner on your screen. you have doubled click on that speaker icon then a volume control windows will pop up. But the fact that Microsoft has left it up to the audio I/O device manufacturers to design this component. Basically that output volume control dialog for two common audio I/O device manufacturers that depend on you device manufacturer. Then you have set front setting, right and left setting , channel setting and headphone setting from this panel.

Output audio either from headphone or speaker.

There will be a three lead on your Laptop. If you want to out put your audio as speaker just plug the speaker lead on that and if you need headphone just unplug speaker lead and plug headphone lead on that. This is the best solution for you. You can also try shaking the lead on audio input / output port on your laptop.

in/out line setting for audio

There will be a specific software for your laptop that will play audio. You want to double click on that ,most probably that will inside your control panel i.e., realtek or cmedia .You have to change your audio input setting from that. There will be in line outline, Just put it down as per your requirement on it. Let check and reply.