Thread: Convert mac icons to windows icons

Convert mac icons to windows icons

hi
    i am having apple mac pro with os x operating system and desktop with windows xp now i am willing to add some windows icon to mac os x but dont know how so please help me and tell me how to convert windows icons to mac icons ?
    thank you

Re: Convert mac icons to windows icons

Windows using .ico file format it is an image file format so you can convert any image to .ico file with some application. now one such kind of application i know is iConvert.iConvert is an excellent online application and as we can guess from the name implies allows you to convert any image into an icon. The formats supported are .icns .ico .png .svg .tif .jpg .bmp .tga, and .cur. for more check here Convert any image into icon

Microsoft Windows support icons at multiple sizes and color depths like older version than xp originally supports 32×32 pixels square and using 16 colors where Windows XP, icon images could be from any size from 1×1 pixel up to 255×255 pixels you can also add non-square sizes and 4-, 8-, 16-, or 24-bit color depth. Commonly an icon file would contain both 32x32 for the start menu and folder large icons view and 16x16 for window title bars, submenus of the start menu and folder small icons, list and details views.to create .ico file you can use photoshop and you can place .ico file in c drive window icon folder.

You can use Image Icon Converter 1.1 .Image Icon Converter converts BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TGA, TIF and PCX formats into Windows icons. You can add files and folders from Windows Explorer or other file shells using drag and drop. it is also easy to use .

nicee about ur inforamtion