Thread: MFC Application Error

MFC Application Error

I am using operating system Windows XP in my PC. Whenever I try to open some software like WinDVD 8, etc the Microsoft error pops up. Also many times it comes at the startup. The error message stats that "Setup MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close". I don't know what are the reasons generating this error. I have searched the internet and looked at some of Microsoft support but cannot understand what was the cause.!! Can somebody help me on this issue?
    |===================|
    |YAY if that made sense...|
    |===================|

Re: MFC Application Error

Several times MFC Application Error occurs because of the Windows Firewall. So I will suggest you to either close the Firewall or grant access to the software that generates error while opening. You can add the list of software to your firewall's exclusion list. To do this settings go to the Control Panel. Then click on Windows Firewall. After entering into that option you will find tab "Exceptions". Click on that and you can add the software to the list of safe and trustworthy software. So that from next time firewall will allow the software that were giving errors previously. Restart your PC and check whether the error is solved.

I would like to suggest you to remove that specific software which is giving the MFC Application Error. For that you will have to go in Control Panel, then folder option and check the option "show hidden files and folders", so that you can view the hidden files and folders. Once you are finished go to the c: drive (default) and then go to Program Files and remove the folders of the software that are giving error. Do this only if you are not able to remove the programs from the Add / Remove from the Control Panel. Now reboot your PC and check whether the MFC Error is coming or not. If it's not coming then there was issue of the software that you were using.

MFC stands for Microsoft Foundation Class that is usually associated with database/programming applications like VC++ or .NET framework stuff. If you were not getting the error previously then try to uninstall the recently installed software. It seems like the program that you have installed recently is the culprit, due to which you are getting this error message. Try to uninstall the recently added software by going to the Control Panel. Add / Remove Programs will be best to uninstall instead of uninstalling the software manually. After complete uninstall. you can try to reinstall the software again. Hope this will sort out your problem.

If nothing is working for you then I would like to suggest you to scan your machine by updated anti virus. I was having the same issue and it got fixed after I scan my system. There were many malware functions and virus like trojans and worms, which was maybe the reason of the MFC error. When all that got cleaned, I stopped getting the error messages. Now there is no error while running any software. Scanning has fixed my problem and hope that it will fix your too.