Thread: Remove all toolbars from taskbar

Remove all toolbars from taskbar

How to remove all toolbars from taskbar permanently. I have a lot of toolbars on my taskbar, and i want to delete them all forever. Is there a way to do this? Please help me a way out... Any help is appreciated...

Re: Remove all toolbars from taskbar

Even i want a fix for this! Please help id anyone has this! I have been looking for something like this, but it seems this can be done only by tweaking software like TweakXP and other which one have to buy! Now I don't understand that if this can be done by a software, then there must be something running at the backend too right? So may be its a command or registry tweak. But what is it? Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by Sachit View Post
    Even i want a fix for this! Please help id anyone has this! I have been looking for something like this, but it seems this can be done only by tweaking software like TweakXP and other which one have to buy! Now I don't understand that if this can be done by a software, then there must be something running at the backend too right? So may be its a command or registry tweak. But what is it? Please help!
    This is exactly what i feel. I mean this can be done through softwares and if once the software is gone, the settings are restored to default. Now i need a permanent fix which will stay and if possible i want to do it without any third party software! Anyone has any idea?

Its a registry tweak. Open notepad and copy the following registry enrty to it :
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "NoToolbarsOnTaskbar"=dword:00000001
    Save the file with .reg as extension. You can give it any name thought. Run it click on Yes to confirm and reboot your computer. Done!

The reason why people use a third party software is, it makes it easier for them to do stuffs rather then editing registry and codes. This is the only reason why third party software developers have survived. God knows why Microsoft doesn't provide a GUI for each and every settings, atleast for some which are needed or may be release a small addon or patch which could make users happy...