Thread: upgraded power dvd 8 ultra not working

upgraded power dvd 8 ultra not working

I am a newbie to the windows 7 because i have just bought a new pc. I have been told that power dvd work best for playing dvd. Now I have just installed Power DVD and I have upgraded it successfully. All went perfectly but now power dvd 8 will flicker but did not load. Is this happening because of any virus in my computer?
    Last edited by KAMANA; 12-12-2009 at 02:21 AM.

Reinstall Power DVD without Upgrade patch

Now worries!!! I have seen this kind of problem with Power DVD recently. As you said that you have upgraded it while downloading it, so i got an idea about last case. This could be happening because of that upgrading patches. First of all remove your Power DVD 8 completely then reinstall it without upgrading any patches and then see to it that if any problem persist again or not.

Power dvd 8 ultra Currupted

May be your exe file of power dvd 08 got corrupted because of which it is not able to play the selected dvd. I would be suggesting you to try your same software on some other machine. By doing this you can confirm it whether your software is alright or not. If it is then you would be having no way to install it unless you manage for a fresh copy of Power DVD.

Video Driver not compatible.

Most of the times, Music players or dvd player does not show any problems but they generally do not work because of the sound drivers or video drivers. In this issue also by incompatible video driver it may not be working properly.
    First of all go to Device Manager there you will find your video card device, so right click on it and select for Update Driver Software and click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Run program in Compatibility mode.

I would be suggesting you to install the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. As it may happen that your power dvd does not find proper driver because of which it is unable to work. Remove and rescan that hardware device from the Device Manager, Then go to Properties of the driver executable file by right clicking on it and switch to compatibility tab. Select the checkbox for Run this program in Compatibility mode select vista from the list. Try for installing the driver via run as administrator.

Virus affecting Power DVD

It seems to be nothing wrong with your power dvd but your computer would be affecting your power dvd to not work in a normal way. I mean to say that your computer would be having some viruses which may doing all this. Whatever it may be but i think it will not be that problematic to scan your computer once, if you find any viruses then kindly delete them instead of repairing it.