Thread: Install Foxpro version 2.6 on windows 7

Install Foxpro version 2.6 on windows 7

Help please!!! I have bought a new computer. And i am using Windows 7 on that machine. I have tried it for couple of time but i was unable to install Microsoft Visual FoxPro 2.6 on my system. Can anybody please help me to have that on my computer?

Re: Install Foxpro version 2.6 on windows 7

Well the reason could be that the operating system may not be much functional or compatible with the software. The foxpro 2.6 may be not able satisfy the needs of the operating system as Windows 7 is highly programmed and sophisticated software. So this is the reason the software is not getting installed under windows 7. Check out for the compatibility. This shall help.

There is a possibility that the software that you are trying to install may not be proper. They may have certain bugs appended to them due to which it is unable to respond during installation. This a problem which does occur while installing an application which may loose out some data link layer files or some installer files due to which it do not respond to the output you need.

Check out that there may be certain restrictions enabled in order to install the application. Check out for the firewall settings. Disable the restriction if it is permitted and then restart the system. This should help you out with the process. Windows 7 is a secured operating system with many security settings enabled in it. This can be modified with the access to the desired user account.

Am not sure with this solution but hopefully this should work out for you. Try to install the application under safe mode. This shall help you. The reason is that many of the times it been observed that the some of the application do not get install in open windows running application due to some incompatibility issues. So you could just make the desired changes.

An alternative can be implemented in order to get access to the application and get it installed. Right click on the installer.exe file and click on run as administrator. Then it might give you a popup or a window for access or to allow. Click on allow by accessing to the admins account. This will then allow you to install the file with admins permission if it is been restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by ThoMas321 View Post
    Well the reason could be that the operating system may not be much functional or compatible with the software. The foxpro 2.6 may be not able satisfy the needs of the operating system as Windows 7 is highly programmed and sophisticated software. So this is the reason the software is not getting installed under windows 7. Check out for the compatibility. This shall help.
    copy fpd26 install folder in windows 7 and run your programme its works but run in windows not full screen

star Re: Install Foxpro version 2.6 on windows 7

Fpw26 or Foxprow.exe will run under 32-bit WindowsXP and 32-bit Windows 7. It will not run on Windows 7 64-bit natively, but it will run perfectly fine if you install the Windows XP Virtual Machine, and run it from there (Windows XP VM is a 32-bit version of Windows XP).