Thread: Clean Reinstall of Ulead MediaStudio !!

Clean Reinstall of Ulead MediaStudio !!

I am using the Ulead MediaStudio Pro 8. Since last three days I am not able to edit the clips properly. Many times I cannot hear the audio. I am totally messed up with this application. I am trying to remove the application but it is not uninstalling. I am using Windows XP(Home Edition). I really don't know where I am going wrong. Can anyone tell me how to uninstall the application, so that I can do fresh installation.?
    Technology is a way of organizing the universe so that man doesn't have to experience it.-- Max Frisch 1911 -1991

Re: Clean Reinstall of Ulead MediaStudio !!

Many times the program doesn't gets uninstall properly because of presence of some files of the same application. So first you will have to delete all those files. Go to Control Panel and then in Folder Option. In folder option select the "Show hidden Files and Folders" option so that you can view the hidden files and folders. Now go to C:\Windows\Temp and delete all the files present in that. After completing that go to the Documents and Settings folder which is located in the C: Drive. Then go to the Local Settings folder, you will find folder Temp (since you are using Windows XP). Delete that folder too. Now go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems and delete the remaining files so that you can install the fresh application.

You can also delete the folder by using the Registry Editors. Go to Run and type regedit and click OK. Then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Uninstall. After going to the Uninstall locate the Ulead Media Studio Pro 8 and delete the identity which is enclosed in the curly option. Also go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ulead Systems\Ulead MediaStudio"; and delete the folder named 8.0. This will remove all your unwanted files which were blocking to the fresh installation.

First try to uninstall from the Add \ Remove program located in the Control Panel. If it is not getting removed from the Add Remove program there are some software that can remove the specific programs forcefully. So try to install that software from the net and then You can uninstall the applications that you want. After uninstalling you can do the fresh installation. I will suggest you to do this before doing any other troubleshooting that can affect your system.

cool buddy Guest

you can use revo uninstaller. after uninstalling clean the registry and temporary files using ccleaner. reinstall after this