Thread: Behavior of the buffers in Vim

Behavior of the buffers in Vim

Hello,
    I have a small problem with (g) Vim. I use this one for programming in C + + and I travel a lot between different files (buffers) in the same tab. For example, to browse the tags with Ctrl-] or to quickly switch between. H and. Cpp. The problem is that when it displays another buffer on the screen, Vim compels us that the precedent be preserved and saved it also deletes all historical changes. Exist there a way to change this behavior? Make sure that the buffers can remain unregistered (and keep all their change history) even if it is not displayed in any tab? Thank you for your help.

Re: Behavior of the buffers in Vim

Hello
    The problem is that when it displays another buffer on the screen, Vim compels us that the precedent be preserved and saved it also deletes all historical changes.
    You said that you have an option in your vim, this sounds weird because I did not. I think it autowrite. Otherwise, you can spliter your windows for all your open buffers simultaneously.

Hi
    No I do not have that option enabled in my vimrc. And even if I delete my vimrc to get the default configurations, AC is the same behavior as "^ /"
    I am posting an example, please have a look.
    Code:
    vim example.txt tata.txt
    b example.txt
    b tata.txt
    "E37: Changes not saved (add to override)
    I can not pass a buffer tata.txt without making saves on storage example.txt
    For the solution of the split is not always respected following especially when it sailed into the source code of a program with CTRL-]
    Would you have alternative solution?

Hello
    Code:
    For the solution of the split is not always respected following especially when it sailed into the source code of a program with CTRL-]
    This can come from any / etc / vimrc or equivalent. It is best that you look at the options that you have to enabled with a "set". From there you can make "h" on the options that you do not know.