Thread: Why uTorrent come up with the ICMP packages

Why uTorrent come up with the ICMP packages

Hello there,

I am using the uTorrent version1.8.4 for downloading the contecnt from then internet. Whenever i download the anything using the uTorrent it always come up with the ICMP packages which is blocked by LnS. Is it dangerous for the system to use the uTorrent. Because i am little bit worried about this ICMP package. So help me the same by sharing the knowledge of the uTorrent. may i continue with the download or stop it.

Thank you
    Last edited by JonathanD; 10-12-2009 at 06:27 PM.

Re: Why uTorrent come up with the ICMP packages

Hi,

You need not to worry about the ICMP package which is downloaded with the uTorrent because it is the normal file which come every packages of the uTorrent whenever you download data from the internet. It is normal package.I think allowing these packets is better. It is the destination unreachable message which is produced by a router to inform the source host that the destination unicast address is unreachable.

Thanks

Hey,

ICMP type 10 can be blocked without giving any notification in the log. And all other can also be blocked with on e exception ICMP request which is sent by your computer to make sure stealth. It will be safe when you are using the Peer to peer software allow the ICMP. I think all i have knowledge about the same i have given you hoping that it will clear your view about the Utorrent.

Thanks

The ICMP is acronyms as Internet Control Message Protocol which is nothing but the example of the client server application. It is executed with the every IP on the end system computer as well as the router. This packets are generated due to the packet delivery has been failed to deliver in an particular network. It can also generated when the system is not responding to the network or the IP network is not reachable. It can also do the same when is node is overloaded, when there is problem with the IP header information and many more.

Say thanks if you liked it