Thread: How Do I Make a PDF Smaller...?

How Do I Make a PDF Smaller...?

Hello,I have a PDF document that I need to upload that is 3.75mb.The website allows me to upload files 3.0mb or less.I dont have software to modify the PDF,but was wondering if there is another way to reduce the size of the PDF such as a zip.Which software should be used to reduce the size of the PDF...?
    I have Windows XP and Internet Explorer 6.0 installed.

Re: How Do I Make a PDF Smaller...?

First solution to your problem is download a software named Winrar.Its a free software which allows you to compress the file and make it become more smaller.You can adjust the compression ratio and quality in order to get the required size of the document.
    If you are not able to download Winrar then, Open the PDF file and reduce the quality of the file which will reduce the size of the file.

Open the PDF file and follow the steps below.
    Go to File pull down menu, Select Print.--Now in the Print dialog box,click on the "Copies and Pages" tab and Select "ColorSync" option from the menu.--Click on the "Quartz Filter" button and select "Reduce File Size" option--Click on"Save as PDF." and give the appropriate name. This will definately decrease the PDF size.

You simply need to download PrimoPDF Creator.Open the PDF and select print using PrimoPDF Creator.When you select print it will give you 5 options.You can save according to the filesize you want.So for emailing and work related pdf it will make it small enough to send via email etc or you can choose ebook which will make the pdf larger and hence increase the quality.One more feature about the PrimoPDF Creator is that it gives you option of only compressing the images. That way only images are made smaller without compromising the quality.