Thread: Debian and Virtualbox

Debian and Virtualbox

Hi
    I use Debian operating system. I installed a virtual box on my system and i liked it, the way it works is great. Would anyone have any idea to network the host PC with its machines in virtual box, I read several tutorials that I was not much help. Do you guys know any guide so that I can read it and learn it from there. Or any book you can recommend me. Please help, Thanks in advance.

Re: Debian and Virtualbox

Hello
    Would anyone have any idea to network the host PC with its machines in virtual box,
    I remember more of how you configure it on virtual boxBut the easiest is to put the "network adaptat" from each machine in "bridge"(It is directly on the virtual box, not in the OS virutuel). After you configure your machines to be in the same subnet as your host (the same mask subnet for all your machines) (this is the network config in each OS). Hope this may help you.

Hi
    I remember more of how you configure it on virtual boxBut the easiest is to put the "network adaptat" from each machine in "bridge"(It is directly on the virtual box, not in the OS virutuel).
    Thank you for your help , it remains for me to configure virtual machines.
    Do you know how it goes (setting the same subnet mask) for debian virtual machines? Any advice or suggestion on this.

Hi
    I only have some idea about LinuxBut by default my machine is Debain IP Automatic (besides, I can not disable it), it gets an address through my box (thanks to DHCP). If you prefer to BridgeIt is as if you connected your machine LAN with a cable. After finding your IP, you do "ipconfig" in command shell on Windows or "/ sbin / ifgonfig" in the terminal on Linux. To change the IP, you will in the ownership of your network card for each machine. The mask subnet is the IP that looks like this: 255.255.255.0 (you put the same for all, one that gives you breakfast). IP address your host is 192.168.1.21, for example, you put on other machines 192.168.1.22, 192.168.1.23, etc. The Gateway default ( "Default gateway" it must be written like this) Is the IP of your box is the IP that allows you to go on the Internet.