Thread: Windows Movie Maker

Windows Movie Maker

I am using Windows Movie Maker for the first time and have imported many videos with no problems. However, there are 6 or 7 that will not import. The message I get says the selected file is not valid or is corrupted. These video clips play fine in Real Player and Quick Time Player. The only difference I've noticed is that the size of these are 2 to 3 GB after conversion from MPEG-4 to AVI (using RAD Video Tools) but the playing time is no longer than the other videos. Have looked for free editing software in hopes of cutting their size down (not my preferred solution) but having trouble finding that also. I have read previous related posts but still not able to find a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Windows Movie Maker

This all difference in size is due to compression and codecs well the file you playing in reaplayer is may be .RM file so that it is unable to open in windows movie maker you will need to install codec for that install klite codec that may be solve your problem. Well for your information .RM file has more compression so its size is less where comparatively .AVI have more size