Thread: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Installation Error!!

Adobe Photoshop CS2 Installation Error!!

I recently formatted my hard drive since there was some virus infection. After completion of installing the operating system I tried to install some software like Adobe Photoshop CS2. It is giving me the error stating that "Source file not found (in the temporary folder)". This is not the first time I am trying to do the Photoshop installation on my PC. I think that there is some issue with the file Data1.cab which is not starting the installation. I have unzipped that file properly but that is not working. Any one can solve this problem..??
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do". - Voltaire

Re: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Installation Error!!

You are installing from the Zip folder.! The error that you are getting is source file not found in the temp folder. I will suggest you to unzip (extract) all the files from the folder Adobe Photoshop CS2 to the temp folder. Once you are done with that then try to run setup from the temp folder. This time it will definitely get installed. Hope this will help you..!!
    Last edited by Eric B; 09-12-2009 at 04:08 PM.

First check that whether your hard disk is having enough space to load the Adobe Photoshop CS2. If you are trying to install the Photoshop CS2 that is not having the enough space the installation will fail. Many times the different factors like system errors, device drivers, hardware and OS causes the installation issues. So check that all are properly working and then try to install. Also extract all your files from the zipped folder and then try to install the CS2.

You said that you were having some virus on your hard disk. That may have infected your "Data1.cab" file. That's why it is not getting properly loaded. Try to scan once again if there are any possible virus. Once you are done with that and the problem is still persisting then try to download the "data1.cab" file for the Photoshop CS2 from the internet. Because I think that your data1.cab file is been corrupted. After downloading that file put into the same folder where you extracted the other files of CS2. Replace the existing file (only if you are sure that it is corrupted) with the new one and start the installation.