Thread: opensuse11.2 - avi to dvd

opensuse11.2 - avi to dvd

Hi
    I am using openSUSE 11.2. I have some avi files and I would like to convert them into DVD file format. I tried the k3b to read the avi files and it perfectly recognized the avi file format. But the problem is that I do not know how to trans-code the avi file into an DVD file format so that I can burn on the DVD disc. So, can any one please tell me which software can i use to convert the avi files to DVD files. It would be better if I get an openSUSE package, because that is easy to install. Any advice or help on this. Thanks in advance.

Re: opensuse11.2 - avi to dvd

Hello
    So, can any one please tell me which software can i use to convert the avi files to DVD files.
    I think you should go for DeVeDe. It is a good application for this purpose. Just give a try to it you will not be disappointed for sure. There are lost of other application available in the market to do this job. The others applications which I would like to recommend you are iVideoMAX or you can go for Xilisoft Video Converter. You can even try Xilisoft AVI to DVD Converter. But i personally use DeVeDe, so just install it and give it a try.

Hi
    But i personally use DeVeDe, so just install it and give it a try.
    That was a very quick reply, thanks for the suggestion. As you said I installed the devede package and it is running on my computer smoothly without any problems. I like it very much because it is capable of using all the three CPU's on my computer. It is a great peace of software.
    The others applications which I would like to recommend you are iVideoMAX or you can go for Xilisoft Video Converter
    I did not tired the other applcations as devede has done the job for me, exactly what I needed.

Hi
    It is good to hear that you have the right piece of software with you. But i would like to share my own experience here. You can also use the following for the same purpose
    1) Use Pavtube video converter to transcode AVI files to DVD(.vob)format
    This is a powerful tool which provides a quality output.
    2)Use Imgburn to burn .vob to a blank DVD disc
    This tool will burn the image on the blank disc.
    If you have some time you can try these.