Thread: Firewall block adobe updater

Firewall block adobe updater

Adobe stop creating a folder called Updater5 on my windows xp computer. My windows firewall won't allow adobe to update. Whenever i try to update adobe windows firewall stop updating process. Disabling the automatic updates doesn't seem to work on my windows xp computer. Appreciate any other suggestions.

Re: Firewall block adobe updater

To Change the Adobe Updater preferences, do the following:
    Start the AdobeUpdater.exe application from ...\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Updater 5,When the update screen appears, click the Preferences button,Uncheck the Automatically Check for updates checkbox and click OK. Check this for more information Disable automatic check for updates in Adobe

If firewall block adobe updater then turn off the firewall : A firewall is software or hardware that checks information that comes from the Internet or from a network. From the Start menu, select Control Panel, then select Windows Firewall. Select Off, then click Ok. Don't disable the Windows Firewall unless firewall block some program but if you have another security program performing the same functions, feel free.

Adobe Reader 7.0.7 update pane doesn't have the Preferences ,A firewall can also help stop your computer from sending malicious software to other computers. If you want to enable adobe update then check from start menu . run then type regedit > Locate and select the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ key. Right-click on updateMgr, if it is not available then you need reinstall Adobe.

Adobe updater is always connect adobe site and check Updates. It's big head-ache. So disable adobe updater from start up