Thread: Kde icon disappeared in openSUSE

Kde icon disappeared in openSUSE

Hi
    I am using openSUSE 11.2. This morning I saw that the KDE classic application menu icon is disappeared. I tried to re-size the panel but even that does not disclose it. I am surprised that the icon is still present for the root and the new user login. To include the windows application I modified the application listing using crossover. I think that KDE 3.5 seem less problematic than this version. When i was installing openSUSE i have no option to install the KDE 3.5. How can I sort the problem? Can it easily be done or I have to install it again. Any advice or suggestion on this. Thanks in advance.

Re: Kde icon disappeared in openSUSE

Hello
    I think you want to add the application launcher menu widget. I consider this is want you want and proceed. You have to right click on the panel and then you have to select the panel options. After that you have to add the widgets by pressing add widgets
    Code:
    Right click panel->panel options->add widgets
    There is one more option, you will see a cashew in the panel on the right hand side. From there you can just select add widgets. Add to the panel will re add the menu or you can just drag and drop the new widget. Try this your problem will be solved. Any more problem do post back.

Hi
    I was hoping that the solution for my problem would be simple enough.
    Right click panel->panel options->add widgets
    Thanks for that buddy.
    I would like to ask that any one know if openSUSE or openSUSE 11.1 has a KDE 3.5 install option. In other words which is the latest version of openSUSE which has an KDE 3.5 install option? Any suggestion on this. Please post because I would love to have KDE 3.5 on my system rather than the current version. Thanks in advance.

Hi
    I would like to ask that any one know if openSUSE or openSUSE 11.1 has a KDE 3.5 install option. In other words which is the latest version of openSUSE which has an KDE 3.5 install option?
    For you information opneSUSE 11.1 is the lastest version which has the option to install the KDE 3.5. This version is the last version when KDE was officially supported by openSUSE. I think that some of the features in KDE 4 are missing which were present in KDE 3.5. But by the time they will add the remaining features there will be a KDE5 launch. Hope for the best KDE in future.